Pastoral Support at Windwhistle
At Windwhistle Primary School we pride ourselves on the excellent pastoral support for both pupils and parents. We want all of our children to thrive emotionally and leave Windwhistle as confident, happy and well rounded young people. We understand that children will often encounter emotional difficulties along the way and we therefore put a huge emphasis on our pastoral support. We also understand that parents and families often need some help or support and this pastoral support extends to supporting the child and the family as a whole.
Our aim is to:
- Provide an environment which will support the emotional health and well-being of all the pupils.
- Support children in developing social, emotional and behavioural skills within the school setting.
- Support and empower families who may be experiencing difficulties.
- Promote relationships and interactivity between parents and school, raising parental awareness of learning, the importance of education and regular attendance at school.
- Meet with parents to discuss and defuse any barriers that prevent pupils from being able to attend school.
- Providing individual and small group support for children.
- Helping to develop children’s social, emotional and behavioural skills.
We have a large pastoral team to support children within school and work closely with all parents to understand their child’s needs.
The pastoral support team is led by Beckie Norton (Pastoral) and Designated Safeguarding Lead. Her main responsibilities are ensuring support is in place for the safety and well-being of pupils. Beckie Norton is also SENDCo where she focuses on the Inclusion of all pupils.
Deputy Head, Pastoral Lead, Designated Safeguarding Lead, Mental Health Lead
Special Educational needs and Disability Coordinator, Licensed Thrive Practitioner
Family Support Worker
Nurture group Lead and Mental Health First Aider
The Pastoral Support Team has a range of expertise and a range of responsibilities if you require any support please contact the Team on the school number