The Starlight Room provides a quiet, caring and supportive environment in which we strive to nurture children's self-esteem, confidence and give them life skills necessary for them to achieve their full social, moral and emotional potential.
Starlight do lots of arts and crafts, listening to social stories, sharing food and acknowledge how others are feeling. Above all Starlight provides laughter and fun!
The focus of Starlight sessions are -
- To raise children's confidence and self-esteem
- Provide social learning and social skills development through co-operation and play with peers
- To provide positive reinforcement for good models of behaviour
- To develop positive interaction and relationships with adults and their peers
- To develop social and emotional skills, thus enabling children to identify their own feelings and those of others
- To develop their physical and mental health
- To develop turn taking, sharing, listening skills and the ability to follow instructions
- To encourage children to make positive contributions and enjoy the outcomes
Please enjoy the pictures of Starlight in action below
Content coming soon!