Why choose Windwhistle
Here at Windwhistle, we are a large primary school in Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset welcoming children aged 4 - 11 years old. We are also fortunate enough to have an 'Outstanding' Nursery and 3+ Preschool on our site.
At Windwhistle's core is 'Achievement by Building Confidence'
All staff believe in this and are part of ensuring children's confidence builds during their time at Windwhistle.
As well as supporting your child's academic growth, Windwhistle offers an amazing pastoral support network who strive to support children's social and emotional needs. Our Family Support Worker, Learning Mentor, Inclusion Workers and Nurture group are always willing and able to assist you and your child.
Our Family Support Worker can offer bespoke support for you and your family, including Food Bank vouchers, housing support and moral support through challenging times.
Nothing is ever too much trouble for our Pastoral team.
You can find more information on our wonderful Pastoral team here.
Our Family Support Worker also monitors and assists with attendance. More information on supporting your child's attendance at Windwhistle can be found here.
Windwhistle boasts large green spaces, including a gardening area with raised beds, a wild garden, trees and play equipment, all available for your child to take advantage of. Windwhistle are proud to offer your child the use of separate playgrounds for Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 and Key Stage 2.
Windwhistle Breakfast Club is very reasonably priced at 50 - 75p a day where children can join us for breakfast provided by us from 7:45am. Your child can also take advantage of an After School Club and Holiday Clubs through the XTND charity.
Windwhistle is a great place to be and we hope you will consider joining us soon!
Please call our friendly team at Windwhistle on 01934 629145 if you have any questions and we will be happy to answer them for you. Mrs Hunt, our Headteacher, is always happy to welcome prospective families for a personal guided tour of our facilities and discuss the aspirations you have for your child.
Parent and carer feedback
Our latest parent survey (October 2021) has provided some excellent feedback:
- Windwhistle Primary School is very good. Teachers are friendly and we are very happy.
- It is the best school
- Reception staff are amazing and built a really good relationship with parents
- Even though it is my child's first school in the UK he has gelled well and is very happy to be part of Windwhistle School
- Lovely, everyone is kind and understanding
- Very supportive staff
- My child has only been at the school for a few weeks as we have recently moved to the area. She has come home beaming every day. It's a comfort to know that she is happy and enjoying herself as well as receiving a good education. Thank you
- It is really great having my son here
- Lovely school, very helpful headteacher
- Since moving schools my child hasn't been happier and actually wants to go to school now he has moved
- Staff are super-friendly
- It's a great school
- My children thrive at Windwhistle. It really is an amazing school!
- Great school and great staff
- Wonderful school, always has been. I went there myself and all my siblings and neice